Friday, May 10, 2013

LOVE! SustainU Clothing Made From 100% Recycled Materials AND made in the USA! Free Tee for your Green Pals!



SUSTAINU'S SUPER SOFT TEE
"Using recycled over conventional cotton saves around 712 gallons of water per shirt."

SUSTAINU CLOTHING

Long before I became interested in natural beauty products (there just weren't that many out there only a few short years ago) I was interested in environmental issues: recycling, composting, bringing my own bags, the works.  It just made perfect sense to me and I worked hard at trying to live as "clean" a life as I could here in New York City.  That also included buying items made from recycled plastic bottles.  

Now, on this site, I'm usually reviewing skincare and makeup and some green cleaning products, but when SustainU contacted me, I was very intrigued.  Clothing made from 50% recycled cotton scraps and 50% recycled polyester from plastic bottles?  Uhm...yes.  Definitely yes.  

My t-shirt came in the mail and I have to say that this is some super-soft cotton.  This is not one of those t-shirts that you get for being part of the neighborhood softball team...stiff and boxy.  This is a modern, cool, t-shirt with a great cut that would give American Apparel a run for their money. But of course, what I love best is what it's made of and that it's made in the United States by the hard working people of North and South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.  As Trey Dunham of SustainU wrote, "These regions are making a comeback after decades of outsourcing that saw 65% of the industry (over 1 million jobs) eliminated."  C'mon, what's cooler than this?  This is the kind of company we should be patronizing!


BUY A SHIRT & GET A FREE T-SHIRT FOR YOUR FRIEND WITH THEIR WEAR 1 SHARE 1 PROGRAM
"SustainU looks to use generosity as a way to spread the message of environmental and social sustainability."

Online customers can receive a free 100% recycled T-shirt to give to a friend with each SustainU purchase.  Awesome way to get the word out!     Get all the information here.


So, in a nutshell, what's so great about what SustainU is doing?
  • Uses 100% recycled cotton scraps and post-consumer polyester waste materials bound for a landfill
  • One shirt saves: 712 gal of water, 1/2 gal of petroleum, 12kg CO2 and 3oz. Agrochemicals
  • Made in the USA & bringing jobs back!
  • Only clothing company making 100% recycled clothing entirely in the USA.
  • They make custom tees, too so companies, bands and that neighborhood softball team with the tacky tees can take it up a notch!
*I was sent this t-shirt for review.   All opinions are my own and I think this company rocks.















No comments:

Post a Comment